Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, November 22, 2010

We started off Thanksgiving vacation week by visiting one of the new Five Guys Burgers and Fries restaurants which have recently opened in Southern California.

There are two locations in driving distance of our home; we visited the Cerritos restaurant. The other location is in Huntington Beach.

I liked the burger quite well; it was juicy and had a good flavor. In terms of taste, I'd say the burger compares more closely to Fatburger than an In-N-Out Burger.

Some of my kids were disappointed the buns have sesame seeds; I can take them or leave them, although if I have a choice I prefer them without.

We ordered one serving of the Five Guys Style Fries and one of the Cajun Fries. The fries have the skins on and are very well done, with some of them cooked quite crisply. I really liked the fries, but then I sometimes order my In-N-Out fries "well done."

Half of my family gave the fries a thumbs up; my son who loves spicy food was very enthusiastic about the Cajun Fries. The other half of the family didn't like the fries at all, pronouncing them too well-done, too dark, and too crispy. (All the things that I liked about them!)

My husband, who didn't care for the fries, did enjoy the free peanuts. :)

I don't think Five Guys could be a replacement for either In-N-Out Burger or Fatburger -- they each have distinct styles -- but taken on its own terms, I think the chain makes a fine addition to the burger scene in Southern California.

0 comments:

Post a Comment