Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, April 11, 2010

A couple days ago I shared photos of Joel McCrea and Dick Powell's stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, which we saw Thursday evening when we attended the Noir City Film Festival.

I thought I'd share a few more of the stars I photographed that evening, particularly so that those who haven't yet been able to visit Hollywood have more of a sense of what it's like.

All of these stars are within a block of the intersection of Hollywood and Highland; some are near the Chinese Theatre, and some are closer to the Egyptian.

Ginger Rogers' star...


...is in the same block as Fred Astaire's:


This star belongs to the one and only Kay Francis:


And here is the star for the wonderful Olivia de Havilland:


Henry Koster, director of many Deanna Durbin movies and other classics:


And one of my favorite cinematographers, the Technicolor genius Leon Shamroy:


I hope Shamroy's star is on the list for a repair job soon!

Ruta Lee was one of the brides in my favorite movie, SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS:


These are a mere handful of the stars on the Walk of Fame. It's a lot of fun walking up and down the street, as you never know what name you'll spot next. A list is here or you can search the Chamber of Commerce site.

0 comments:

Post a Comment